Sri Lanka is a nation known as a teardrop island. Here you will explore the amazing wildlife, beautiful sights, and temples, and it has its history which attracts tourists from all over the world. So, if you plan a trip to the island country, you do not require any embassy appointments, just apply through the online platforms and you get your online Sri Lankan Visa in very easy steps.
You can apply by yourself or if you feel anxious then you can apply through any travel agent also. The application form asks you about your details like name, address, DOB, and passport details, and also when you provide your contact info always give the correct and valid phone number and Email ID.
Let us learn more about the procedure how to apply and what are the requirements to obtain the Sri Lanka ETA.
Types Of Sri Lanka ETA For Benin Citizens
• Tourist Sri Lanka ETA – this is for spending some quality time in Sri Lanka. Valid for 6 months with double entry. Benin travelers can stay for 30 days in the country using ETA for Sri Lanka.
• Business Sri Lanka ETA - this is for business-related work. Valid for 6 months from the date of issue. Using a Sri Lanka ETA Benin citizens can stay for 30 days in the country. It grants multiple entries in Sri Lanka.
• transit ETA – this is applied when you have a connecting route visa to Sri Lanka. If you have a layover for more than 8 hours you can apply for this. It is valid for 2 days.
Required Documents For Sri Lanka ETA For Benin Citizens
Citizens of Benin has to have all the important document with them before they apply for this visa online. Let’s look at what are those:
• Benin citizens should have a valid passport that has validity at least 6 months from the date of arrival in the country. If it seems to expire within or less than 6 months then get it renewed before filling in the application form. And it should have 2 blank pages at the end, to get the entry and exit stamps from the immigration office.
• At the time of providing your contact info, give a valid and correct Email ID.
• At end of the application form, after filling in all the details, you have to pay the visa fees. This could be done by using a valid international debit or credit card.
Application Procedure For Sri Lanka ETA For Benin Citizens
So once Benin travelers have all the required documents with them, they can now easily apply for the Sri Lanka online visa.
The whole process is online it would take only a few minutes to complete the procedure. The application form for Sri Lanka eta asks the applicant for certain details that the applicant has to fill in like personal details, travel info, and passport details.
• Full name of the applicant
• Email ID address
• Passport number
• Passport issue date
• Passport expiry date
• Purpose of traveling to Sri Lanka
• Intended date of visit
After filling in all these details, Benin travelers must re-check the application form, there should be no errors or mistakes. If any mistake is found, the visa approval may get delayed or the application can get rejected. After this, Benin citizens are required to make the payment using a debit or credit card for the Sri Lanka ETA.
If any minor (under 16) is traveling along with their parents then their application can be filled in on behalf of their parent’s application. But every individual must have their passport and visa with them. But those who are 16 and above must apply separately for their visa.
Once the visa is approved online, it is valid for 6 months. Within these 6 months, a Benin traveler has to plan a trip to Sri Lanka that can be for tourism or business purpose. So, on this E-visa, they can stay for 30 days maximum in Sri Lanka and not more than that. But there is also a provision for an extension if they want to extend their stay in the country.
For extension, they can visit the immigration office in Sri Lanka and apply from there. This can be extended up to 90 days on each visit.
The application form for the ETA of Sri Lanka takes about 2 days for analysis. After that, Benin travelers receive a mail or SMS for their approval of ETA.
When you receive the ETA, take a printout of it and carry it along with you while traveling in Sri Lanka. It might be asked the immigration office in Sri Lanka.
It is also advisable to apply at least a week before their intended date of travel to receive their Sri Lanka ETA at the usual time without any hustle.
** The online procedure does not involve visiting the embassy, it saves you a lot of your time and you do not have to do the paperwork manually. It prevents you from all the mess of paperwork.
Benin travelers having ETA for Sri Lanka will be issued visas on arrival automatically.
You must have your passport with you, sufficient funds proof, a return or onward ticket, and a
copy of ETA if asked. After all the verification the officer will grant you the visa on arrival using which you can enter Sri Lanka.
It is possible to apply for a visa on arrival without an ETA at Bandaranaike International Airport in Colombo only. This is not recommended as it means waiting in a different queue to fill out the paperwork and then joining the main queue to clear immigration.
But certainly, this process takes a lot of time, as travelers have to stand in queues and wait for long hours. It is better to apply online to save you from all the mess and tiring process.