Getting a SriLanka ETA is an easy process. Citizens of Britain and Northern Ireland can apply in quick and easy steps through the online ETA system.
The ETA stands for Electronic Travel Authorization, allowing foreign visitors to enter Sri Lanka and stay there for a short period. Foreign travelers can apply for tourist eta, business eta, and also for transit eta.
The procedure includes filling in an application form and making the payment; for this, British travelersmust fulfill all the requirements to obtain a SriLanka ETA.
Types Of Sri Lanka ETA
• Tourist Sri Lanka ETA – this is for spending some quality time in Sri Lanka. Valid for 6 months with double entry. British travelers can stay for 30 days in the country using ETA for Sri Lanka.
• Business Sri Lanka ETA - this is for business-related work. Valid for 6 months from the date of issue. Using Sri Lanka online visa UK citizens can stay for 30 days in the country. It grants multiple entries in Sri Lanka.
• transit ETA– this is applied when you have a connecting route visa to Sri Lanka. If you have a layover for more than 8 hours you can apply for this. It is valid for 2 days.
Requirements For ETA For Sri Lanka For The Uk Citizens
Fulfilling all the requirements is mandatory. Let us learn what are all those and it would make the work easier of filling out the application form.
• A valid British passport. Its validity should be of 6 months minimum from the date of arrival in Sri Lanka. Get it renewed if it seems to get expired.
• A valid debit or credit card to make the payment for Sri Lanka ETA.
• A valid Email ID, to receive the updates for visa approval.
Procedure To Apply For Sri Lanka ETA For Brtish
So once British travelers have all the required documents with them, they can now easily apply for the SriLanka online visa.
The whole process is online it would take only a few minutes to complete the procedure. The application form for Sri Lanka eta asks the applicant for certain details that the applicant has to fill in like personal details, travel info, and passport details.
• Full name of the applicant
• Email ID address
• Passport number
• Passport issue date
• Passport expiry date
• Purpose of traveling to Sri Lanka
• Intended date of visit
After filling in all these details, British travelers must re-check the application form, there should be no errors or mistakes. If any mistake is found, the visa approval may get delayed or the application can get rejected. After this, UK citizens are required to make the payment using a debit or credit card for the Sri Lanka ETA.
If any minor (under 16) is traveling along with their parents then their application can be filled in on behalf of their parent’s application. But every individual must have their passport and visa with them. But those who are 16 and above must apply separately for their visa.
The application form for the eta of SriLankatakes about 2 days for the analysis. After that,Britishtravelersreceive a mail or SMS for their approval of ETA.
When you receive the ETA, take a printout of it and carry it along with you while traveling in Sri Lanka. It might be asked the immigration office in Sri Lanka.
It is also advisable to apply at least a week before their intended date of travel to receive their Sri Lanka ETA at the usual time without any hustle.
** The online procedure does not involve visiting the embassy, it saves you a lot of your time and you do not have to do the paperwork manually. It prevents you from all the mess of paperwork.
UK travelers having ETA for Sri Lanka will be issued visas on arrival automatically.
You must have your passport with you, sufficient funds proof, a return or onward ticket, and a copy of ETA if asked. After all the verification the officer will grant you the visa on arrival using which you can enter Sri Lanka.
It is possible to apply for a visa on arrival without an ETA at Bandaranaike International Airport in Colombo only. This is not recommended as it means waiting in a different queue to fill out the paperwork and then joining the main queue to clear immigration.
But certainly, this process takes a lot of time, as travelers have to stand in queues and wait for long hours. It is better to apply online to save you from all the mess and tiring process.