It was in the year 2012 when the Sri Lankan government introduced the facility of the Sri Lankan ETA for foreign nationals. Citizens of the Belize who wants to travel to Sri Lanka can also apply for electronic travel authorization.
Eta for Sri Lanka provides citizens of Belize with legal entry into the country. Just have to fill in an application form which takes only a few minutes by just sitting at home. It removes the option of visiting an embassy or any consulate wait for long hours.
Belize citizens can apply for the ETA Sri Lanka for tourism, business, or transit purposes.
Let us learn more about the process and the requirements for Sri Lanka ETA.
Types Of Sri Lanka ETA
As Belize is one of the eligible countries, its citizens are required to have an approved ETA to travel to Sri Lanka. They can apply for the required visa as per their need. They are namely E-Tourist Visa, E-Business Visa, and Transit Visa
• Tourist Sri Lanka ETA – this is for spending some quality time in Sri Lanka. Valid for 6 months from the date of issueand grants with double entry. Belize travelers can stay for 30 days in the country using ETA for Sri Lanka.
• Business Sri Lanka ETA - this is for business-related work. Valid for 6 months from the date of issue. Using Sri Lanka online visa Belize citizens can stay for 30 days in the country. It grants multiple entries in Sri Lanka.
• Transit ETA – this is applied when you have a connecting route visa to Sri Lanka. If you have a layover for more than 8 hours you can apply for this. It is valid for 2 days.
Requirements For The Sri Lanka ETA From Belize Citizens
Every traveler has to provide certain documents while filling in the form. And this also confirms the eligibility of the applicant if they can get a visa or not. If they lack any documents, they won’t be able to apply and get an online visa. So always check all the things on any online platform but here we give you every knowledge.
• A visitor should have a valid Belizean passport with a validity of at least 6 months minimum from the date of arrival in Sri Lanka.
• While filling in the details, provide the correct and valid Email ID. The approved e-visa will be sent to your registered email ID.
• The Last thing to have, is a valid international debit or credit card. and also, they should have sufficient funds in it to make the payment.
If it seems that your passport may get expire during your travel or less than 6 months from the date of your arrival in the country, then you should get it renewed as soon as possible before applying for the visa.
Procedure To Apply For Sri Lanka ETA
The whole procedure is fast and simple. Mostly all foreign nationals prefer this method other than visiting the embassy. They can apply on their own or can also take help from any travel agents. The application form asks you about the details of the applicant like name, address, contact info, and some passport details. Let us look at it more:
• Full name
• Contact details
• Passport issue place
• Passport issue date
• Passport expiry date
• Purpose of your visit
After filling in all the details re-check them again, there should be no mistakes or errors in the application form. This could lead to a delay in the approval of Sri Lanka ETA or even reject the application. Then you can make the payment using a debit or credit card.
Take a printout of the approved ETA for Sri Lanka during your travel to Sri Lanka. It might be asked at the immigration office to check.
Belizean travelers having ETA for Sri Lanka will be issued visas on arrival automatically.
You must have your passport with you, sufficient funds proof, a return or onward ticket, and a copy of ETA if asked. After all the verification the officer will grant you the visa on arrival using which you can enter Sri Lanka.
It is possible to apply for a visa on arrival without an ETA at Bandaranaike International Airport in Colombo only. This is not recommended as it means waiting in a different queue to fill out the paperwork and then joining the main queue to clear immigration.
But certainly, this process takes a lot of time, as travelers have to stand in queues and wait for long hours. It is better to apply online to save you from all the mess and tiring process.
The normal time it takes to approve the E-Visa is 3-4 days. And then it is sent to your registered Email ID. So, all travelers from Belize should make a set of all the documents and carry them along handy. They will be required when you enter the country. It is also recommended to apply for the E-Visa at least 20 days before their date of travel. Because it might take more than 3 days some time due to the traffic of visa applications.
NOTE** Sometimes, an underage child travels with their parent or guardian, then their details can be added to the same application. But their E-Visa will be approved separately and they have to carry that with them during their travel. The age for a child to be called underage for Belize citizens is 12 years.