Online visa service was introduced by the Government of Sri Lanka in the year 2012 to make the ways easy for foreign visitors. is one such country, among the eligible countries, that can apply for an online Sri Lankan ETA. If they wish to travel for a short period, they can apply for it online.
Visitors can get an ETA for Sri Lanka easily by sitting at their homes. The application process is very simple and fast. It takes about 15-20 minutes to fill out the form and complete the payment. This has ruled out the option of visiting the Sri Lankan Embassy.
Types Of Sri Lanka Eta For The Andorrans
As Andorra is one of the eligible countries, its citizens are required to have an approved ETA to travel to Sri Lanka. They can apply for the required visa as per their need. They are namely E-Tourist Visa, E-Business Visa, and Transit Visa.
• Tourist Sri Lanka ETA – this is for spending some quality time in Sri Lanka. Valid for 6 months with double entry. Andorran travelers can stay for 30 days in the country using ETA for Sri Lanka.
• Business Sri Lanka ETA - this is for business-related work. Valid for 6 months from the date of issue. Using a Sri Lanka online visa Andorra citizens can stay for 30 days in the country. It grants multiple entries in Sri Lanka.
• Transit ETA – this is applied when you have a connecting route visa to Sri Lanka. If you have a layover for more than 8 hours you can apply for this. It is valid for 2 days
Requirements For Sri Lanka Eta For Andorra Citizens
There are some requirements that anAndorran traveler has to fulfill while applying for a visa online. One should always look up the list provided by the Sri Lanka authorization. They are:
• The traveler should possess a valid passport whose validity should be at least 6 months of minimum from the date of arrival in Sri Lanka.
• So, while applying for the visa, provide valid and correct details in the application form. Most important is providing a valid Email ID. Because the approved visa will be sent to your registered Email ID.
• Once you finish filling out the form then you proceed toward the payment page. You can pay the visa fee using any international debit card or credit card.
If your passport seems to expire less than 6 months from the date of arrival in the country, then you should get your passport validity renewed as soon as possible before applying for the visa.
Applying for the Sri Lanka Visa is an easy process. It takes only 15-20 minutes to fill in the form and submit it for visa approval. The form asks about some of your details, passport details, and your contact information which you should provide correctly and accurately. Some of the details are:
• The applicant’s full name
• Date of birth
• Contact details
• Residential address
• Passport issue date
• Passport expiry date
• Purpose for the visit
Note** If any minor is under 16 years on the date they reach Sri Lanka and shares the same passport as one of their parents or legal guardians, they can submit a joint application. On the other hand, if they are over 16 years or have their passport, they will need to apply for a separate Sri Lankan ETA.
The application form for the ETA of Sri Lanka takes about 2 days for analysis. After that, Andorran travelers receive a mail or SMS for their approval of ETA.
When you receive the ETA, take a printout of it and carry it along with you while traveling in Sri Lanka. It might be asked the immigration office in Sri Lanka.
It is also advisable to apply at least a week before their intended date of travel to receive their Sri Lanka ETA at the usual time without any hustle.
** The online procedure does not involve visiting the embassy, it saves you a lot of your time and you do not have to do the paperwork manually. It prevents you from all the mess of paperwork.
Andorran travelers having ETA for Sri Lanka will be issued visas on arrival automatically.
You must have your passport with you, sufficient funds proof, a return or onward ticket, and a copy of ETA if asked. After all the verification the officer will grant you the visa on arrival using which you can enter Sri Lanka.
It is possible to apply for a visa on arrival without an ETA at Bandaranaike International Airport in Colombo only. This is not recommended as it means waiting in a different queue to fill out the paperwork and then joining the main queue to clear immigration.
But certainly, this process takes a lot of time, as travelers have to stand in queues and wait for long hours. It is better to apply online to save you from all the mess and tiring process.
E-visa is something that permits the citizens of Andorra to enter the country through any of the international airports or seaports. There are some formalities to be done at the borders and show some documents there. They are:
• Andorra citizenship passport that has to be the same whose details you provide in the visa application form.
• You should have a printout of the approved visa sent to your Email ID.
• You should provide proof that you have an onward or a return ticket booked.
• Proof of sufficient funds in your bank accounts. So that you can take care of yourself while in Sri Lanka.
To extend your stay, Andorran visitors can apply for an ETA extension by visiting the Immigration office in Colombo.