A teardrop, found sliding along the Indian Ocean, is the magical land of Sri Lanka. The metaphor ends there, though. Sri Lanka is a magical, beautiful and diverse nation. Tropical beaches edge the fringes of the country, heritage sites populate their length, and relics of Buddhism are found everywhere. Greet the majestic whales in the water, and the magnificent elephant in the rainforests. Swim, ski, and snorkel in the waters that surround Sri Lanka. Taste the multitude of ways, the crab can be cooked. Take the beautiful train route from Colombo to Jaffna.
To enjoy all the beauty of Sri Lanka, Algerians can book their tickets, get a valid ETA for Sri Lanka and visit the country. Now Sri Lanka ETA can be obtained online using a few easy steps. Fill in an application form with some basic details, make the payment and receive the online Sri Lanka visa on your registered email ID within 48 hours. Let us learn all the steps of filling in the application form, requirements, and other info.
Types Of Sri Lanka ETA
• Tourist Sri Lanka ETA – this is for spending some quality time in Sri Lanka. Valid for 6 months with double entry. Algerian travelers can stay for 30 days in the country using ETA for Sri Lanka.
• Business Sri Lanka ETA - this is for business-related work. Valid for 6 months from the date of issue. Using Sri Lanka online visa Algerians citizens can stay for 30 days in the country. It grants multiple entries in Sri Lanka.
• Transit ETA– this is applied when you have a connecting route visa to Sri Lanka. If you have a layover for more than 8 hours you can apply for this. It is valid for 2 days.
Requirements For Sri Lankan ETA For Algerian Citizens
When you know all the basic requirements for the Sri Lanka ETA, it becomes easy to fill in the application form and do all the proceedings. There are some most important requirements to obtain an online visa for Sri Lanka. They are:
• A valid Algerian passport. Its validity should be of 6 months minimum from the date of arrival in Sri Lanka. Get it renewed if it seems to get expired.
• A valid debit or credit card to make the payment for Sri Lanka ETA.
• A valid Email ID, to receive the updates for visa approval.
Procedure To Apply For Sri Lanka ETA For Algerians
• Applicant’s full name
• Email ID
• Passport number
• Passport issue date
• Passport expiry date
• Purpose of traveling to Sri Lanka
• Intended date of travel
After filling in all these details, Algerian travelers must re-check the application form, there should be no errors or mistakes. If any mistake is found, the visa approval may get delayed or the application can get rejected. After this, Algerian citizens are required to make the payment using a debit or credit card for the Sri Lanka ETA.
If any minor (under 16) is traveling along with their parents then their application can be filled in on behalf of their parent’s application. But every individual must have their passport and visa with them. But those who are 16 and above must apply separately for their visa.
The application form for the eta of Sri Lanka takes about 2 days for the analysis. After that, Algerian travelers receive a mail or SMS for their approval of ETA.
When you receive the ETA, take a printout of it and carry it along with you while traveling in Sri Lanka. It might be asked the immigration office in Sri Lanka.
It is also advisable to apply at least a week before their intended date of travel to receive their Sri Lanka ETA at the usual time without any hustle.
** The online procedure does not involve visiting the embassy, it saves you a lot of your time and you do not have to do the paperwork manually. It prevents you from all the mess of paperwork.
Visa On Arrival For Algerian Travelers In Sri Lanka
Algerian travelers having ETA for Sri Lanka will be issued visas on arrival automatically.
You must have your passport with you, sufficient funds proof, a return or onward ticket, and a copy of ETA if asked. After all the verification the officer will grant you the visa on arrival using which you can enter Sri Lanka.
It is possible to apply for a visa on arrival without an ETA at Bandaranaike International Airport in Colombo only. This is not recommended as it means waiting in a different queue to fill out the paperwork and then joining the main queue to clear immigration.
But certainly, this process takes a lot of time, as travelers have to stand in queues and wait for long hours. It is better to apply online to save you from all the mess and tiring process.