Sri Lanka a land of amazing food, outdoor activities, golden beaches, wildlife,and whatnot. To enjoy all these things, one has to travel to Sri Lanka and obtain a valid ETA for it. The process has been made easy by the Sri Lankan Government after introducing the facility of the Electronic Travel Authorization in the year 2012 which can be applied online and there is no need to visit any embassy or consulate and do the paperwork manually.
In the eligibility list, one of the countries is Brazil which can apply for Sri Lanka ETA. This process takes only 5 minutes and can be applied from any corner of the world with good Internet connectivity. You just require the mandatory documents and know all the procedures to apply for an ETA for Sri Lanka.
Brazil travelers can apply for an online Sri Lanka visa. Let us learn more about its procedure and the requirements more in detail.
Types Of Sri Lanka ETA
• Tourist Sri Lanka ETA – This is applied when a Brazilian wants to spend some leisure time alone, with family or friends. Be on a vacation or do sightseeing, and participate in any competition. This tourist visa for Sri Lanka is valid for 180 days from the date of issue. It provides for 30 days stay in the country with dual entry. With each entry, a Brazilian citizen can stay for 30 days maximum.
• Business Sri Lanka ETA - This is applied when a Brazilian has any meetings, seminars, conferences, training, or any business-related work. They must fill in their company’s details where the meeting or the work is going to be conducted. This ETA allows staying for a maximum of 30 days. The Business ETA remains valid for 180 days from the date of issue. It grants multiple entries to Brazilian travelers in Sri Lanka.
• Transit ETA – it is applied when you have a connecting flight, via or a layover in Sri Lanka, it is valid for 48 hours and is applied if your layover is more than 8 hours. It is a single-entry Transit visa.
Requirements For Sri Lankan ETA For Brazilian Citizens
Knowing all the requirements beforehand is always better. This makes the application procedure easier for the applicants. There are certain documents that Brazilian applicants should always keep ready before applying for the Sri Lanka ETA. They are:
• A valid Brazilian passport with a validity of 6 months minimum from the date of arrival in Sri Lanka. Get it renewed if it seems to expire.
• Valid debit or credit card to make the ETA payment.
• Provide a valid and correct Email ID, so that you can receive updates on theVisa for Sri Lanka.
Other than these, Brazilians should also take care of are:
• Scanned image of the biographical page of the passport to be uploaded in the application form.
• Have enough funds in your accounts as proof. You might be asked to present your bank statement as proof at the immigration office.
• Take a printout of the approved online visa for Sri Lanka, along with other documents during your travel. They might be asked at the immigration office.
Procedure To Apply For Sri Lanka ETA For Brazil
Now you know what is required for Sri Lanka online visa. This makes the application procedure easy for all Brazilians. The complete procedure is online and it takes about 5 minutes maximum. Theonline ETA for the Sri Lanka application form asks about certain details of the Brazilian applicant like personal info, passport details, travel information, etc. Let’s see what are they:
• Name of the applicant
• Passport number
• Passport issue date
• Passport expiry date
• Purpose of visit
• Intended date of travel.
Re-check all the information again after filling in the application form. There should be no error or mistake in the application form as the application form for Sri Lanka ETA gets rejected.
After this use your debit or credit card to make the payment.
Then the application for the online visa of Sri Lanka is analyzed by the Sri Lankan Government and it takes 24 hours maximum to approve it. Then it is sent to the Brazilian Applicant through their registered Email ID.
Take a printout of the approved ETA and carry it along with other documents as it could be asked at the immigration office. It is also advisable to apply at least a week or 10 days before their intended date of travel to Sri Lanka.
Brazilian citizens with an ETA will automatically be issued a Sri Lanka visa on arrival.
They simply need to show their passport, proof of sufficient funds to cover their stay, a return or onward ticket and, if asked, a copy of their ETA. When the documentation is verified, the border control officer will give the traveler a visa on arrival and allow them to enter the country.
It is possible to apply for a visa on arrival without an ETA at Bandaranaike International Airport in Colombo only. This is not recommended as it means waiting in a different queue to fill out the paperwork and then joining the main queue to clear immigration.
Most travelers prefer not to waste time at border control after a long flight. This is why the Sri Lankan ETA is a much more convenient option for Sri Lanka travel authorization for Brazilian visitors.