Sri Lanka, the land of wild and warm beaches and amazing food attract tourists worldwide. And this can be enjoyed by getting a valid ETA for Sri Lanka. Botswana is a country that is eligible to apply for Sri Lanka ETA. Now, this has been made easy by the government of Sri Lanka by introducing the facility of Electronic Travel Authorization. This is a completely online procedure and takes only 5 minutes to apply for the online visa for Sri Lanka. There is no need to visit the embassy or any consulate and do the paperwork manually.
This procedure is fast, simple, and more convenient compared to the regular one. It saves a lot of time for travelers. Let us learn more about the Sri Lanka ETA step by step its procedure and the requirements for Botswana travelers.
Types Of Sri Lanka ETA
There are three types of online visa for Sri Lanka, the traveler can apply according to their purpose of traveling to the country.
• Tourist ETA for Sri Lanka – this is applied when a Botswanatraveler wants to spend some leisure time with themself, friends, or family. To do sightseeing, or on a vacation then Sri Lanka tourist ETA is required. This is valid for 180 days from the issue date and grants you a stay of 30 days maximum with a dual entry.
• Business ETA for Sri Lanka – This is applied when a Botswana traveler has any meeting, seminar, training, conference, or business-related work. Sri Lanka Business ETA is valid for 6 months from the date of issue and grants you a stay of 30 days maximum with multiple entries. This means with every entry one can stay for 30 days and not more than that until theSri Lanka visa expires.
• Transit ETA for Sri Lanka – this is applied when a Botswana traveler has a connecting flight or via or a layover at Sri Lanka airport. Transit ETA is applied only when the layover is more than 8 hours and less than 48 hours, they should have an onward ticket to get a transit ETA. This grants you a single entry.
Requirements For Sri Lanka ETA
The application procedure becomes easy when you know the requirements for Sri Lanka online visa. Let us see what are the major requirements for Botswana Travelers.
• A valid Botswana passport with a validity of 6 months from the date of arrival in Sri Lanka.
• A valid debit orcredit card to make the payments for Sri Lanka ETA.
• A correct and valid email ID, to receive updates regarding the ETA for Sri Lanka.
These are some major requirements for the online visa for Sri Lanka but there are some other too that a Botswana traveler should keep in mind. They are:
• Scanned image of the biographical page of the passport to be uploaded in the application form.
• A proof of sufficient funds in your bank accounts to take care of yourself while in Sri Lanka. For this, your bank account statement is needed as proof.
• Carry a printout of the approved Sri Lanka online Visa during your travel as it might be asked at the immigration office.
Application Procedure For Sri Lanka ETA
Once the Botswana traveler knows all the requirements and is ready with the documents to fill in the application form, it takes only 5 min to complete the procedure.
The process is online and the application form asks you for certain details about the applicant, travel purpose, passport details, etc. They are:
• Name of the applicant
• Country of birth
• Passport issue country
• Passport expiry date
• Passport issue date
• Passport number
• Purpose of visit
• Intended date of travel
Once you have filled in all the details, Botswana travelers are asked to recheck them once again. There should be no error or any mistake. This could reject the application for online SriLanka visa.
After this, you are asked to make the payment using your credit or debit card.
Once the application is submitted completely of ETA for Sri Lanka, it takes about 24 hours to analyze and approve the Sri Lanka online visa and send it to the applicant’s registered Email ID.
When Botswana traveler receives their Sri Lanka ETA, they must carry a printout of the online visa for Sri Lanka and keep it along with the other documents. It is also recommended that Botswana travelers apply at least a week or 10 days before their intended date of travel to Sri Lanka.
Botswana citizens with an ETA will automatically be issued a Sri Lanka visa on arrival.
They simply need to show their passport, proof of sufficient funds to cover their stay, a return or onward ticket and, if asked, a copy of their ETA. When the documentation is verified, the border control officer will give the traveler a visa on arrival and allow them to enter the country.
It is possible to apply for a visa on arrival without an ETA at Bandaranaike International Airport in Colombo only. This is not recommended as it means waiting in a different queue to fill out the paperwork and then joining the main queue to clear immigration.
Most travelers prefer not to waste time at border control after a long flight. This is why the Sri Lankan ETA is a much more convenient option for Sri Lanka travel authorization for Botswana visitors.