A land of warm beaches and wildlife, Sri Lanka offers an aesthetic vacation that foreigners can enjoy. Its food cuisine is something that attracts travelers from all over the world.
Visitors from Azerbaijan can enjoy the true beauty of the country with so simple steps of getting a Sri Lanka ETA. Sri Lanka has made it easy for all its visitors by introducing the ETA facility in the year 2012. They just have to fill in an application form with some details like their name, DOB, passport details, etc., then make a payment using an international debit or credit card. After this, the applicant receives the approved ETA for Sri Lanka within a period of 2 days.
Let us learn more about the procedure and the major requirements using which you can apply for Sri Lanka ETA.
Types Of Sri Lanka ETA
• Tourist Sri Lanka ETA – when you want to spend quality time with your family, friends, or yourself then you can apply for this ETA. Azerbaijan citizens can stay for 30 days and the ETA has a validity of 180 days from the date of issue. This grants you Dual Entry into the country.
• Business Sri Lanka ETA – When you have any business-related work in Sri Lanka then you can apply for this ETA. Valid for 6 months from the date of issue. This grants 30 days stay in the country to Azerbaijan citizens.
• Transit ETA – This is applied when you have a connecting route visa to Sri Lanka. If you have a layover for more than 8 hours you can apply for this. It is valid for 48 hours.
Documents Required For Sri Lanka ETA
It’s better to know the main documents before applying for an online visa for Sri Lanka. It makes the application filling process easier. Let us see what are all those.
• A valid Azerbaijani passport for a minimum of 6 months from the date of arrival in Sri Lanka. If it seems to expire then get it renewed
• A correct and valid email ID, to receive the approved Sri Lanka ETA.
• Use of international active debit or credit card to make the payment.
The online procedure eliminated the option of visiting the embassy or consulate and doing all the paperwork manually. It saves a lot of time and energy for the applicant. So, it is always better to apply online.
Application Procedure To Apply For Sri Lanka ETA
After knowing all the required documents, it will be easier to fill in the form for the ETA of Sri Lanka. In the application form, an applicant has to fill in some details which are:
• Name of the applicant
• Passport number
• Passport issue date
• Passport expiry date
• Purpose of traveling
• Intended date of visit
• A valid email ID
After filling in all these details, Azerbaijanis should re-check all the details, as there should be no errors or mistakes in the form, which could delay the approval of the ETA or even reject the application form. After this, Azerbaijanis should make the payment usinga debit or credit card.
If any minor (under 16) is traveling along with their parents then their application can be filled in on behalf of their parent’s application. But every individual must have their passport and visa with them. But those who are 16 and above must apply separately for their visa.
The application form for Sri Lanka ETA takes about 2 days for analysis. After this Azerbaijanis receive a text on their registered phone number and also on the email ID of ETA approval.
After you receive the ETA, Azerbaijanis should take a printout of it and carry it along while their traveling in Sri Lanka. It might be asked at the immigration office of Sri Lanka.
It is also advisable to apply at least a week or 10 days before their intended date of travel to receive their Sri Lanka ETA at the usual time without any problem.
** The online procedure does not involve visiting the embassy, it saves you a lot of your time and you do not have to do the paperwork manually. It prevents you from all the mess of paperwork.
Azerbaijani travelers having Sri Lanka ETA will be issued the visa on arrival automatically.
You must have your passport with you, sufficient funds proof, a return or onward ticket, and a copy of ETA if asked. After all the verification the officer will grant you the visa on arrival using which you can enter Sri Lanka.
It is possible to apply for a visa on arrival without an ETA at Bandaranaike International Airport in Colombo only. This is not recommended as it means waiting in a different queue to fill out the paperwork and then joining the main queue to clear immigration.
But certainly, this process takes a lot of time, as travelers have to stand in queues and wait for long hours. It is better to apply online to save you from all the mess and tiring process.